Seniors - Getting Started
Girl Scout Seniors are in grades 9-10. Under the guidance of a trained adult advisor, girls mix and match activities and resources to suit their needs while giving back to their communities. They connect with each other and build self-esteem and confidence in their skills as they work on a range of projects and gain life experiences.
As a Senior, girls will begin to:
- Express their talents and skills, and set realistic goals.
- Opportunities to work with women in different fields and see first hand all the choices they have.
- Encourages diversity and pluralism. Girls are taught to respect different attitudes and faiths, as well as value their own cultural identity and beliefs.
- Provide opportunities to contribute to society through service.
- Take on leadership roles by being program aides, leaders-in-training, and counselors-in-training.
- Travel to regional and national and international destinations.
Last Modified: 3/31/2011 2:48 PM