Brownies - Getting Started
Girl Scout Brownies are in grades 2-3. Girl Scout Brownies introduces girls to planning and decision-making and of course plenty of fun with friends! Girl Scout Brownie activities and programs focus on the discovery of different topics and interests, including; outdoor sports, music, science wonders, musical explorations, and communication. Girl Scout Brownies are encouraged to "try " a variety of activities to determine their interests and begin to learn even more about themselves.
As a Brownie, girls will begin to:
- Expand their knowledge in the Girl Scout ways including the handshake, slogan, motto and quiet sign.
- Further their exploration of citizenship by planning and participating in flag ceremonies.
- Share their heritage and cultural experiences.
- Participate in troop decision-making.
- Gain new experiences through short trips.
- Receive recognition try-its for their accomplishments.
Last Modified: 3/31/2011 2:48 PM