Ambassadors - Getting Started
Girl Scout Ambassadors are in grades 11-12. Under the guidance of a trained adult advisor, girls mix and match activities and resources to suit their needs while giving back to their communities. They connect with each other and build self-esteem and confidence in their skills as they work on a range of projects and gain life experiences.
As an Ambassador, girls will begin to:
- Fosters positive self esteem Girl Scouts helps each girl learn about and express her talents and skills. realistic goals.
- Opportunities to work with women in different fields and see first hand all the choices they have.
- Encourages diversity and pluralism. Girls are taught to respect different attitudes and faiths, as well as value their own cultural identity and beliefs.
- Contribute to society through service.
- Take on leadership roles by being leaders-in-training, counselors-in-training and camp internships.
- Travel to regional, national and international destinations.
Last Modified: 3/31/2011 2:48 PM